20120812

Inside out of Omotola Jalade-ekeinde –popular actress

You might have read a lot of interview with Omotola but no one comes close this enjoy yourself!
Interview

Your latest movie, Last Flight to Abuja is doing very well in the cinemas. How does that make you feel and why did you decide to be a part of the project?
I pick my projects very carefully, hopefully thinking that it might add something valuable to the time that we are in, movie-wise. I saw this as a very risky project, not only because of the story line but also because of the circumstances surrounding the project. Even at the time when the Dana Plane crash had not happened, it was based on a true story, the 2006 plane crash, so I thought it was something we could relate to. I felt it was an opportunity to lend my name to a project that would encourage people to tell stories that are not just fictional but stories that mean something to us.

As someone with international demands on her career and a Pilot husband, you must have flown on planes lots of times. Have you ever had a near tragic experience on a plane?
Luckily no, and I hope never to have such an experience in Jesus name. I remember my husband had something similar the year of the Sosoliso crash. He flew that day and he dropped the plane that our friend Captain Adebayo took away and unfortunately crashed. That is the closest shave I’ve had. I remember anytime there is a crash, people usually call or tweet or write me and say “Are you not scared?” and I’m like “We all fly, are you not scared too?”. People think that because my husband is a Pilot, I should be more scared than they are. We all fly everyday so it’s also an awakening call to the Aviation Industry because once that plane takes off, you really can’t change anything. So can we change it from the ground before we take off please!

Wedding & Marriage
But you’ve had beautiful memories on a plane. I remember seeing pictures from your wedding which you had on a plane several years ago. I thought that was romantic. When was that and why did you decide to have your wedding on a plane?
I got married in 1996 but we had the plane wedding in 2001. My husband and I are kinda like crazy people and we were thinking, “why just do a usual wedding, let’s do something really different”. We were thinking of a destination wedding and we thought about the logistics. But my husband just suggested, “what if we did it on a plane on a destination to somewhere”. People asked us if we were crazy. At every level we got to, they will just look at us and start laughing. But at the end of the day, it was a beautiful wedding. We flew from Lagos to Benin. We couldn’t get approval for anything farther. We actually wanted to have an international flight but the procedure was tough. We had to insure everybody on that flight so we could only go as far as Benin.CONTINUE READING..

No comments:

Post a Comment